Watching movies in at great outdoor venues is one of the many pluses about summer in New York City and the venue I'm most eager to picnic & movie watch at is the Intrepid Sea, Air, & Space Museum. It boasts a fantastic view of the city's skyline at night and their film line-up is pretty frickin awesome.
- May 28th - Top Gun - "I feel the need, the need for speed"
- June 19th - Field of Dreams - "If you build it, they will come"
- July 9th - Ghostbusters - "Who you gonna call?"
- July 23rd - Goonies (LOVE IT!!!!!) - "Goonies never say die!"
- August 6th - Raiders of The Lost Ark - Ok, I'm stuck but I do know Marion says "Indy" a lot
- August 20th - Rocky - "Adrian!"
Space is limited so arrive early. Doors open at 7:30 at films start at sunset. You can bring lawn chairs, blankets and picnic baskets but not booze. The website actually says "no outside alcohol is permitted." That indicates to me that it will be sold on the premises.
And did I mention it's FREE?